Are you tired of seeing little to no blog traffic? Are you ready to take control over your blog and turn it into a money-making business? Grab my free Blog Booster Toolkit and boost your blog today!
Let’s face it. Building authority in the online world is the toughest task we have in our hands as newbie bloggers.
I know you’re passionate about your blog and you want to help as many people as possible. But how do you make people believe in you?
Is there any secret sauce that you can use to build that trust with your readers?
Unfortunately, the answer is NO!
However, there are a few common things among all successful bloggers that you can apply to build your own loyal fan base!
And today in this post, I’ll be sharing some awesome tips which you can implement to become the authority in your niche.
Let’s get right into it!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase through my link, I may earn a small commission, without any extra cost to you. It helps to keep this little blog afloat. Thank you for your support.
10 Secrets To Build Authority Even As A New Blogger
1) Be Brutally Honest
Say it as it. Don’t sugar coat information. Your audience will love you for that.
Share both your successes and failures with your audience. This strategy builds an emotional connection with the audience.
People love to follow someone who is honest and adds value to their lives.
Don’t try to cheat your audience and make quick money from them.
And most importantly, only promote tools or resources that you totally stand behind.
All these things can help you build trust with your readers and build authority.
2) Create Killer Content
You must have heard before that “Content is King”. And it’s very true!
In order for you to be an authority in your niche, you need to create next-level content.
Killer content keeps readers glued to your content and coming back for more. Developing top-notch content solidifies you as an authority in that niche.
Not only that, but it will also help you build backlinks which will improve your SEO.
Here are a few tips to nail down your content creation every single time:
- Write click-worthy headlines
- Use images, charts, graphics throughout the content to keep your audience engaged.
- Use short sentences, paragraphs and avoid passive tone.
- Use a conversational writing style that speaks to the reader.
- Always provide references to your claims.
- Optimize your content for SEO
These are just but a few tips you can use in your content development process to make your content stand out.
3) Collaborate With Other Influencers
This is probably the most effective way to build authority online fast.
If you want to reach a large audience, you need to reach out to other content creators in your space and collaborate with them.
The ultimate goal is to reach out to other people’s audiences. Because When someone famous in the industry spreads the word about your content, you’ll be able to build credibility very fast.
Here are a few great ways to collaborate with other influencers:
- Guest post on each other’s blog
- Host a webinar together
- Interview each other
- Be guest on each other’s podcast
4) Write An Awesome About Page
Your about page can be a great place to build a connection with your readers.
That’s why it’s important to craft an amazing About page.
Here are a few things you must include in your about page:
- Who you are
- How you got there
- How can you help your audience
Now let’s look at some awesome tips on writing an amazing about page:
- Use the first person. This establishes an emotional connection with your audience.
- Go straight to the point. Most readers’ attention span is small.
- Don’t forget to include a professional headshot.
- Stay humble. You may include your accomplishments and your own experience. However, do it humbly.
- Be honest by providing your genuine interests and hobbies.
- Last but not least, proofread, print and read aloud your work.
- Include relevant links where possible
All these things will help them know you better and trust you as a valid source of information.
5) Promote! Promote! Promote!
You can spend hundreds of hours writing quality content and eventually publishing it on your blog. Still, if you don’t promote it effectively, nobody will see it, and people will never know you as an authority in that niche.
With over 5.8 million blog posts going live every day, getting noticed isn’t easy. However, there are a couple of strategies you can use to stay on top of things, such as:
- Run Facebook ads campaigns linking to your blog.
- Build an email list and share your blog post content with your email subscribers
- Be active on social media platforms and share the URLs of your blog posts.
- Create high-quality content and ask people to share it.
6) Be Kind And Helpful
If you want to grow your influence online, you need to be kind to others.
Show compassion to your audience when offering advice to them.
Be generous with your information, without expecting anything in return, and watch your audience grow tremendously.
If you’re a part of an online community including Facebook groups, online forums or any kind of online community where your audience hangs out, go in there and reply to the questions asked by other members.
This will make yourself stand out and people will look towards you as a trusted source of information.
However, you’ll need to be smart with the time that you spent on all these forums as it can be a time-sucking activity.
So, set aside a few minutes each day to go online and provide value to others.
7) Build Community
Having a community of the people who trust you and believe in you is priceless.
Whether it’s in the form of an email list, Facebook group or anything that allows you to communicate with your audience.
Here’s how a highly engaged community can help you build authority :
- Comments left by your fans help you to position yourself as an authoritative blogger in your niche
- Community members encourage social shares which results in additional traffic to your blog
- Community builds relationships, increasing the chances of members back linking to your blog, resulting in higher Google rankings due to On-page SEO.
It requires a lot of time and effort upfront to build a highly active community but it’s totally worth it!
There are endless benefits of having a community of loyal people who shares your content, products and freebies without being asked.
8) Keep Showing Up
Being consistent builds credibility and the impression that you’re an authority in your niche. The secret is to publish new posts frequently and consistently to stay on people’s minds.
Here’s the thing: The more content you publish, the higher chances of getting in front of your target audience.
Not feeling confident enough that you can maintain a consistent stream of blog content? Don’t worry here are a few strategies to help you out.
- Research on industry trends and write quality content on it
- Come up with an editorial calendar
- Actively seek and attract guest contributors and bloggers to your blog
- Interview influencers in your niche and share their insights
- Develop pillar posts and curate content from it to come up with feeder posts
- Keep an eye on questions asked by your audience repeatedly
To sum up, create more, promote more and hustle more!
9) Share Social Proofs
Nothing can beat social proofs when it comes to building credibility and cementing your authority.
People just love to see social proof before trusting you.
What other people say about you and your content helps them make a decision.
So, throw off any and every testimonial that you have on your landing page or your blog.
It makes it easier for people to trust you and your advice.
10) Be patient
Newbie bloggers have got very high expectations, among them wanting to become authority bloggers within a short time.
Being regarded as an authority in your blogging niche will undoubtedly take some time. However, it’s doable with a lot of patience and by following a couple of strategies such as:
- Always set goals based on actions as opposed to a milestone.
- Every victory matters. Celebrate every win, regardless of how small it is
Building authority is not an overnight task.
It’s an outcome of strategic efforts you’ve done over time.
So, keep moving forward one step at a time.
Show up consistently, stay true to your audience and provide value to them.
There’s no hidden secret to building authority.
It’s all about putting your customer first and delivering tons of value to them.
Becoming an authority as a new blogger isn’t easy.
However, with the right strategies and following quality tips, as shown above, it is possible.
That’s all from me guys. Start implementing these tips and start building authority!
I hope you found this article helpful.
If you did, please share it with others.
If you’ve any questions about building authority as a new blogger, please let me know in the comment section. I’d be more than happy to help you.
Also, don’t forget to pin this article for future reference.
Sharing is caring.